Banner and nav-bar and Social icons

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Eat Sunshine: Steamed Green Tea Cupcakes


  


I have this strange love for anything matcha. I’m not sure if I just like the colour green, the bitter taste, the health benefits or a combination of all the above. When I stumbled across steamed green tea cupcakes from justonecookbook.com, I just had to give it a try. I didn't even know steamed cake was even a thing. It didn’t come out exactly the way I had imagined but it was still good and I think I will try making them again. The steaming part was a bit foreign to me so I don’t think I steamed them quite right but I think that if I were to try again, they should come out a bit better and fluffier. If you want a dessert that’s not too sweet and like the taste of matcha, I suggest you give these a try. If you’re craving for something a bit sweeter, you could add some chocolate chips and/or have it with chocolate frosting. I also made a youtube video for this and used Final Cut Pro for the first time! I'm slowly teaching myself how to edit and finding it fun so stay tuned for more videos in the future!

 Recipe: (Makes 4 steamed cakes)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. honey
 3 Tbsp plain regular yogurt
1½ Tbsp. sugar
½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Matcha (Green tea powder matcha) Recipe from justonecookbook.com

4 comments:

  1. Informative Post, according to me buy any detox herbal tea supplement according to your taste. Herbal tea is the best source for better health for many years. Some varieties are loaded with antioxidant that defend against free radicals and boost the immune system of the body.
    detox herbal tea supplement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post, Red Clover Tea is made using only premium-quality organic red clover blossoms, producing a deep, amber colored tea. Its flavor is reminiscent of dried, sweet grass with a subtle floral finish. Ginger Root Herbal Supplement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal green tea supplement is traditionally used to promote energy and general well-being. Herbal green tea supplement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal green tea supplement is traditionally used to promote energy and general well-being. Herbal green tea supplement

    ReplyDelete